King House Museum
Built by Theodore F. King C.1878, photo below late 1890ís.
Miss Louise King was born in this house in 1881 and lived here until her death in 1975. In 1963 she donated the land next to the King Store for the relocation of the Silas Riggs House by the newly-formed Roxbury Township Historical Society. The King property was acquired by Roxbury Township under Green Acres funding in 1984 and the King House and Store were listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. Restoration of the House was initiated by the Roxbury Rotary Club in 2000 and the site is currently administered by Roxbury Historic Trust, Inc.
Note the differences in the photo –picket fence-foot path-stone mounting block-louvered shutters-absence of round office and porch railing-altered front porch roof line.
Museums at Drakesville open 1 to 4 pm on the 2nd Sunday of each month, April thru December.
Project funded by Roxbury Township, Morris County Historic Preservation Trust, NJ Historic Trust, NJ Dept of the State Historical Commission and private donations.
Location. 40° 52.696′ N, 74° 39.102′ W. Marker is in Ledgewood, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Main Street. Touch for map. This marker is located in Roxbury Twp. Marker is in this post office area: Ledgewood NJ 07852, United States of America.
Other nearby markers.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 10, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 10, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.