Near Bullard in Smith County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Camp of the Army of the Republic of Texas
Erected 1936 by The State of Texas. (Marker Number 7711.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 32° 9.572′ N, 95° 24.316′ W. Marker is near Bullard, Texas, in Smith County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 346 0.1 miles south of County Route 1353, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. This marker is directly across the street from the historic John Dewberry house. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14007 FM 346 West, Bullard TX 75757, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dewberry Plantation House (within shouting distance of this marker); Bullard Water Well (approx. 5.1 miles away); Smith Cemetery (approx. 7.9 Cuney (approx. 8.9 miles away); Frankston Railroad Depot (approx. 9.6 miles away); The Major John Dean House (approx. 10.4 miles away); Site of the Kickapoo Battlefield (approx. 10.6 miles away); Yarborough House (approx. 11 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bullard.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Also see . . . Dewberry Plantation. (Submitted on December 14, 2015.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 12, 2015, by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. This page has been viewed 213 times since then and 46 times this year. Last updated on December 15, 2015, by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 12, 2015, by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.