Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Denville in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Second Union School

 
 
Second Union School Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, December 8, 2015
1. Second Union School Marker
Inscription. Children attended this school from 1861 until 1908 when the Third Union School opened across the road. The First Union School built on this site in 1816 was destroyed by fire in 1860. The Union School united the villages of Franklin and Ninkey into one community that became Union Hill.
 
Erected 2004 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Location. 40° 52.02′ N, 74° 31.381′ W. Marker is in Denville, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Openaki Rd. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 502 Openaki Rd, Denville NJ 07834, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ayres-Knuth Farm (approx. 1.1 miles away); Victory Gardens Borough (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mott Hollow (approx. 1.7 miles away); Quaker Meeting House (approx. 2.1 miles away); St. Johnís Church (approx. 2.1 miles away); Old Stone Academy (approx. 2.1 miles away); Mt. Tabor Camp Meeting Association (approx. 2.3 miles away); Craftsman Farms (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Denville.
 
Categories. Education
 
Second Union School image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, December 8, 2015
2. Second Union School
Second Union School-Right side of the building image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, December 8, 2015
3. Second Union School-Right side of the building
Second Union School-Left side of the building with the privy in the background image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, December 8, 2015
4. Second Union School-Left side of the building with the privy in the background
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 16, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 146 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 16, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement