Near Fredericksburg in Gillespie County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Diedrich Rode Complex
(Tablet below Marker)
The Diedrich Rode complex was designated as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark by the Texas Historical Commission in 1989.
Erected 1982 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10104.)
Location. 30° 28.933′ N, 98° 59.095′ W. Marker is near Fredericksburg, Texas, in Gillespie County. Marker is on Cherry Spring Road 0.3 miles west of Wasserfall Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fredericksburg TX 78624, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Cherry Spring School The Marschall - Meusebach Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); John O. Meusebach (approx. 1.4 miles away); Cherry Spring Schoolhouse (approx. 2.6 miles away); Herman and Willie Lehmann (approx. 6.6 miles away); Homesite of John O. Meusebach, 1812-1897 (approx. 7.3 miles away); Lange's Mill (approx. 8.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fredericksburg.
Also see . . .
1. Diedrich Johann Gottlieb Rode. From the Texas State Historical Associationís “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on December 16, 2015.)
2. Historic Marker Application for Diedrich Rode Complex. A copy of the marker application; includes five historic photos and 15 photos of the property and buildings from 1982. (Submitted on December 16, 2015.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 16, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 204 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 16, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.