Roswell in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Roswell Presbyterian Church
In July, 1864, the advance guard of Gen. Garrard`s Cavalry Corps commandeered this church for a hospital, removing the furnishings. Except the pipe organ, these were returned intact after the war. The silver communion service in use today was hidden by Miss Fannie Whitmire in a barrel at her home until the end of the war.
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-122.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker
Location. 34° 1.125′ N, 84° 21.799′ W. Marker is in Roswell, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on Mimosa Boulevard, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 755 Mimosa Boulevard, Roswell GA 30075, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Great Oaks (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Roswell’s Distinguished Men (about 600 feet away); Primrose Cottage (about 800 feet away); Pastorium (approx. ¼ mile away); Holly Hill (approx. ¼ mile away); The Old Bricks (approx. ¼ mile away); Roswell Factory (approx. ¼ mile away); Bulloch Hall (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roswell.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 14, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,249 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 14, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on July 15, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.