The Estellville Methodist Church
The Society was incorporated on December 10, 1831 as part of the Bargaintown Circuit, and existed when the New Jersey Conference was organized in 1836. It became part of the Mays Landing Circuit when separated from the Bargaintown Circuit in 1852.
The church served more than thirty families, but attendance eventually declined as did the glass, iron and lumber industries in the area. When, in 1917, Bethlehem Steel built a shell loading plant along the South River the church closed for good. Through the efforts of the Friends of Old Estellville Methodist Church Committee, and anniversary service is held every year on the first Sunday in October.
Location. 39° 23.854′ N, 74° 44.867′ W. Marker is in Estell Manor, New Jersey, in Atlantic County. Marker is at the intersection of Walkers Forge Road and Maple Avenue on Walkers Forge Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Estell Manor NJ 08319, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Daniel Estell House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Welcome to Atlantic County Park at Estell Manor!
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 25, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 227 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 25, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.