Collinsville in Hartford County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Collinsville, Town of Canton
Viewing Site on the River
Note: The house in back was lost in the flood of 1955
Ice on the river, Circa 1900
View of the river from the tracks, Circa 1910
Station, circa 1911, located along the bend of the river
approximately where the cannon now stands with a hotel next door.
Station and boardwalk along the tracks, Circa 1911
Tracks ran along side the river.
Flood of 1955- Site of present-day kayak and canoe shop.
Note: Used grindstones which are used in foundations throughout Collinsville.
Location. 41° 48.943′ N, 72° 55.242′ W. Marker is in Collinsville, Connecticut, in Hartford County. Marker is on River Road (Connecticut Route 179), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is next to the Farmington River Trail. Park near 41 Bridge Street and walk 0.4 miles north on the Trail to the marker which will be on the right. Marker is in this post office area: Canton CT 06019, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Canton Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Collinsville, Town of Canton (approx. 0.3 miles away); Charter Oak Offspring (approx. 0.3 miles away); Collinsville- Railroad from both sides (approx. 0.3 miles away); Canton Soldiers Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Collins Company Plow Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); Collinsville’s Powerhouse Station No. 3 (approx. half a mile away); Constitution Oak (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Collinsville.
Also see . . .
1. Collinsville, Connecticut. (Submitted on February 4, 2016, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut.)
2. CollinsvilleCT.org. (Submitted on February 4, 2016, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Disasters • Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 4, 2016, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 223 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 4, 2016, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.