Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Christopher Columbus’ Last Residence
desde el 13 de agosto hasta el 11 de septiembre, 1504 de
Cristóbal ColónDescubridor del Nuevo Mundo,
Primer Almirante de la Mar Oceana y de las Indias Occidentales,
Virrey y Gobernador General.
Conmemoración de los 505 años de su regreso a España.
Fundación Amigos del Museo de las Casas Reales, Inc.
Secretaría de Estado de Cultura
11 de septiembre de 2009
This house was the last residence in the Americas, from August 13 to September 11, 1504 of
Christopher Columbus, Discoverer of the New World,
First Admiral of the Ocean Sea and of the West Indies, Viceregent and Governor General. Commemoration of the 505 years since his return to Spain.
Friends of the Museum of the Royal Houses Foundation, Inc.
Secretary of the State of Culture
September 11, 2009
Erected 2009 by Secretaría de Estado de Cultura.
Location. 18° 28.47′ N, 69° 52.97′ W. Marker is in Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo. Marker is on Calle Las Damas, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is at the north end of the French Embassy building.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this The French Embassy (a few steps from this marker); The House of the Rectory (within shouting distance of this marker); The Pantheon of the Nation (within shouting distance of this marker); The Dávila House (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Antonio Maceo (about 90 meters away); House of the Jesuits (about 120 meters away); Chapel of Our Lady of the Remedies (about 120 meters away); Borgellá's Palace (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santo Domingo.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Exploration • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 25, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 187 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 25, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 3. submitted on March 16, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.