Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Chapel of Our Lady of the Remedies
Capilla de Nuestra Señora de los Remedios
Construida por Don Francisco Dávila
dentro de los terrenos de su mayorazgo.
Sirvió como capilla particular de varias
familias distinguidas durante la colonia.
Estuvo en ruinas; restaurandose
nuevamente en 1884.
Constructed by Francisco Dávila on his property. It served as a personal chapel for various distinguished families during the colonial period. It was in ruins, but was reconstructed in 1884.
Location. 18° 28.532′ N, 69° 52.975′ W. Marker is in Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo. Marker is on Calle Las Damas, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. House of the Jesuits (a few steps from this marker); The Residence of Treasurer Cristóbal de Santa Clara (a few steps from this marker); The Dávila House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Pantheon of the Nation (within shouting distance of this marker); Palace of the Governors (within shouting distance of this marker); The Colonial City of Santo Domingo (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Christopher Columbus' Last Residence (about 120 meters away); The French Embassy (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santo Domingo.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 25, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 219 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 25, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.