Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Buﬀalo's First School House
Buffalo's First School House
built 1807-8•destroyed Dec•30•1813•
at the burning of the village
by the British.
Erected 1902 by Niagara Frontier Landmarks Association.
Location. 42° 52.922′ N, 78° 52.615′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Pearl Street and West Swan Street, on the right when traveling south on Pearl Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 Pearl Street, Buffalo NY 14202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grover Cleveland (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Paul's Cathedral (about 400 feet away); Prudential (Guaranty) Building (about 400 feet away); Saint Paul's Episcopal Church (about 400 feet away); The City of Buffalo Sent 18893 Men to Serve in the Great War (about 500 feet away); Ellicott Square Building (about General Kazimierz Pulaski (about 500 feet away); First Greek Settlers of Buffalo (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buffalo.
Also see . . . Dun Building - Buffalo as an Architectural Museum. (Submitted on March 2, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Education • War of 1812 •
More. Search the internet for Buffalo's First School House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 2, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 259 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 2, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.