First United Methodist Church
A.O. Clarke, Architect
—Built 1908 —
This building is a pinnacle of A.O. Clarke's interweaving use of limestone and brick, Romanesque arches, and stained glass window detail. In 1996, the historic sanctuary was renovated and is one of the highlights of the church. The trademark steeple was rebuilt at the same time to replace the original, which was destroyed by fire in 1911. The beautiful stained glass windows inside the sanctuary were conserved and restored by Norton Arts Conservator in 2003.
Erected by The Rogers Noon Rotary Club.
Location. 36° 19.941′ N, 94° 7.147′ W. Marker is in Rogers, Arkansas, in Benton County. Marker is at the intersection of Elm Street and 3rd Street, on the right when traveling west on Elm Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 307 West Elm Street, Rogers AR 72758, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Victory Theater (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Daisy Airgun Museum (about 500 feet away); Arvest Bank (about 500 feet away); Harris Baking Company (about 600 feet away); Historic Rogers Post Office Building
Also see . . . First United Methodist Church, Rogers AR. (Submitted on March 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 168 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.