Victory in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Saratoga Monument Association
The first presidents of the association, were Hamilton Fish and Horatio Seymour. The corner-stone of the monument was laid October 17th 1877. It was completed in1883 and given into the care of the State of New York in 1895 by the following officers who among others labored loyally for its completion. John H. Starin - President. James M. Marvin, Warner Miller – Vice Presidents. William L. Stone – Secretary. D.S. Potter – Treasurer. J.G. Marktiam Arch’t.
Erected 1883 by Saratoga Monument Association.
Location. 43° 5.915′ N, 73° 35.596′ W. Marker is in Victory, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Burgoyne Street (County Route 338) and Cemetery Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is inside the monument, on the left wall by the north entrance. Marker is in this post office area: Schuylerville NY 12871, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Major Nathan Goodale (within shouting distance of this marker); Victory Woods Saratoga Monument (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); You’ve Been Robbed! (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Victory Woods (approx. 0.3 miles away); Burgoyne Hopelessly Surrounded (approx. 0.3 miles away); A Good Place to Set Up Camp (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Last Ditch Defenses (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Victory.
Also see . . .
1. Saratoga National Historical Park. National Park Service. (Submitted on July 20, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. "The Battle of Saratoga" September 19, 1777. The American Revolution website. (Submitted on July 20, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Places • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 20, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 976 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 20, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.