Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Jacob Overdier Harrison House
— Sullivant Land Oﬃce —
570 West Broad Street
built circa 1807
troops stayed in this
House during the
War of 1812.
sold lots from this
office. It was moved
here from 714 West
Gay Street in 1983.
Location. 39° 57.625′ N, 83° 0.956′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of West Broad Street (U.S. 40) and North Gift Street, on the right when traveling west on West Broad Street. Touch for map. This marker is situated on the north side of the Old National Road, several blocks west of the Scioto River, in an urban area just outside of the heart of downtown Columbus. Marker is at or near this postal address: 570 West Broad Street, Columbus OH 43215, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Franklinton (here, next to this Franklinton (a few steps from this marker); Lucas Sullivant Home Site (approx. 0.2 miles away); Toledo and Ohio Central Railroad Station / Macklin Hotel (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Franklinton Cemetery Archaeology (approx. 0.3 miles away); “In This Churchyard…” (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Franklinton Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Railroads (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
More. Search the internet for Franklinton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 7, 2016, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 246 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on April 7, 2016, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.