Arlington in Hancock County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Village of Arlington / The Arlington Heritage
1844: Village platted with 16 lots,
1854: Asian cholera epidemic, 40 deaths,
1861: Civil War, town men leave,
1892: Village incorporated: Jim Huff, Mayor,
1897: First newspaper, "Arlington Gazette",
1900: First telephone, 1905: First high school graduation class,
1984: Sesquicentennial celebration
Erected 1984 by Historic Preservation Guild of Hancock County Hancock Park District Arlington Lions Club The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 11- 32.)
Marker series. Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 40° 53.732′ N, 83° 38.862′ W. Marker is in Arlington, Ohio, in Hancock County. Marker is on Park Street, in the median. Touch for map. Marker is in the Village Park at the east edge of town. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 Park Street, Arlington OH 45814, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Johnny Appleseed (approx. 4.7 miles away); Mt. Blanchard (approx. 4.7 miles away); Mt. Blanchard Veterans Memorial (approx. 4.9 miles away); Fort Necessity / William Hull Memorial Park (approx. 5.4 miles away but has been reported missing); Hullís Trail 1812 (approx. 5.4 miles away); Hull's Trail (approx. 6.6 miles away); Hull's Trail, 1812 (approx. 8 miles away); Rawson and the Railroads / (approx. 8.1 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 8, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 135 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 8, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.