Woodville in Wilkinson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
West Feliciana Railroad
The West Feliciana Railroad was purchased by the Illinois Central Railroad in 1892 and abandoned in 1978.
Erected 2011 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 31° 5.485′ N, 91° 17.614′ W. Marker is in Woodville, Mississippi, in Wilkinson County. Marker is on U.S. 61 south of Jackson Louisiana Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Located on the grounds of the US-61 Mississippi Welcome Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 853 US-61, Woodville MS 39669, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Beth Israel Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Carnot Posey Home (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Woodville Republican (approx. St. Paul's Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); William Grant Still (approx. 0.9 miles away); Woodville Blues (approx. 0.9 miles away); Fort Adams (approx. 0.9 miles away); Wilkinson County War Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodville.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 9, 2016. This page has been viewed 124 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2016. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.