Albany in Shackelford County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Lt. Col. William E. Dyess
(Aug. 9, 1916 - Dec. 22, 1943)
Erected 2004 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13108.)
Location. 32° 44.293′ N, 99° 17.357′ W. Marker is in Albany, Texas, in Shackelford County. Marker can be reached from Cemetery Road (Williams Street) 0.2 miles north of Power Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in the southwest corner of Albany Cemetery at the grave site of William E. Dyess. Marker is in this post office area: Albany TX 76430, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured Lieutenant Colonel William Edwin Dyess (here, next to this marker); First United Methodist Church of Albany (approx. 0.8 miles away); Site of the Reynolds Presbyterian Academy (approx. 0.8 miles away); Trinity Episcopal Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Fort Griffin Fandangle (approx. 0.9 miles away); Albany's First Public School (approx. 0.9 miles away); Texas Central Railway Company (approx. one mile away); Ledbetter Picket House (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albany.
Also see . . . William Dyess - Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on April 17, 2016.)
Categories. • Air & Space • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 17, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 165 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.