Plymouth Congregational Church
This Greek Revival frame building, now known as Plymouth Congregational Church, was built in 1850 and dedicated 14 January 1851 by the members of the Plainfield Congregational Church who organized their congregation in the mid 1830s.
The building was remodeled in the early 1900s and an addition to the west and north was completed in 2002.
Located in the Village of Plainfield, which evolved from an early pioneer community in the Will County region, the historic structure continues to serve the original purpose for which it was erected.
[Dedicated] 25 September 2005
Erected 2005 by Louis Joliet Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 36.519′ N, 88° 12.195′ W. Marker is in Plainfield, Illinois, in Will County. Marker is at the intersection of Lockport Street and Illinois Street, on the right when traveling west on Lockport Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 24022 Lockport Street, Plainfield IL 60544, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Opera House Block Building Landmark (within shouting distance
More about this marker. Marker is near the main entrance stairway.
Regarding Plymouth Congregational Church. Building contributes to the Downtown Plainfield National Register Historic District.
Also see . . .
1. Plymouth Congregational Church. (Submitted on April 21, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Downtown Plainfield Historic District National Register Registration. (Submitted on April 23, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 21, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 89 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 21, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 2, 3. submitted on April 22, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.