Aledo in Parker County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Bankhead Highway in Aledo
The Bankhead Highway extends more than 900 miles within the state of Texas, from Texarkana to El Paso, totaling about one-third of the National Road's complete length. Initially, the City of Aledo was located one mile south of the Highway, which stretched from east to west through Parker County. The route currently establishes the northern boundary of the future city limits of Aledo.
The segment of the Bankhead Highway which connects Watherford to Aledo, remains the most frequently utilized and longest, continuously-named portion of the entire road. Amidst the growing
Erected 2015 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 18203.)
Location. 32° 42.926′ N, 97° 36.05′ W. Marker is in Aledo, Texas, in Parker County. Marker is at the intersection of East Bankhead Highway and Farm to Market Road 1187, on the right when traveling east on East Bankhead Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Aledo TX 76008, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Curzon Place (approx. 10.8 miles away); Fort Worth Army Air Field (approx. 11 miles away); Horace Seaver Carswell, Jr. (approx. 11 miles away); Clark Cemetery (approx. 11.2 miles away); The Dean of Texas Trail Drivers Oliver Loving (1812 - 1867) (approx. 11.7 miles away); Old City Greenwood Cemetery (approx. 11.7 miles away); Parker County, C.S.A. (approx. 11.8 miles away); Franco-Texan Land Company Building (approx. 11.9 miles away).
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 30, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 273 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 30, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.