Coleman in Coleman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
County Named in 1857 for Robert M. Coleman
(1790 - 1837)
Erected 1966 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1090.)
Location. 31° 49.873′ N, 99° 25.384′ W. Marker is in Coleman, Texas, in Coleman County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Live Oak Street and West Street. Touch for map. Marker is located on the south grounds of the Coleman County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Coleman TX 76834, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Co. B, 142nd Infantry, 36th Division Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Western Cattle Trail (a few steps from this marker); Original Coleman County Court House (a few steps from this marker); Coleman County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Mrs. J.A.B. Miller Public Library Building The Blair House (approx. ľ mile away); Home Town of Texas Confederate Colonel James E. McCord (approx. 1.1 miles away); Camp Colorado C.S.A. (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Coleman.
Also see . . . Robert M. Coleman. From the Texas State Historical Associationís “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on May 6, 2016.)
Categories. • War, Texas Independence •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 6, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 201 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 6, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.