Coleman in Coleman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Western Cattle Trail
Erected 1925 by Capt. Wm. Buckner Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. (Marker Number 5767.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 31° 49.874′ N, 99° 25.391′ W. Marker is in Coleman, Texas, in Coleman County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Live Oak Street and West Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in the southwest corner of the grounds of the Coleman County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Coleman TX 76834, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Co. B, 142nd Infantry, 36th Division Memorial (here, next to this marker); Original Coleman County Court House (here, next to this marker); County Named in 1857 for Robert M. Coleman (a few steps from this marker); Mrs. J.A.B. Miller Public Library Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Coleman County Jail (within shouting distance The Blair House (approx. ľ mile away); Home Town of Texas Confederate Colonel James E. McCord (approx. 1.1 miles away); Camp Colorado C.S.A. (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Coleman.
More about this marker. The relief of the longhorn on the tablet is titled “Up the Trail”.
Also see . . . Western Trail. From the Texas State Historical Associationís “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on May 6, 2016.)
Categories. • Animals • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 6, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 6, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.