In Memory of “Wausaunia” Rebecca Kellogg Ashley
Interpreter for the Indians at the "Old Fort," a mission station in charge of Rev. Gideon Hawley in 1748.
Erected 1909 by Tuscarora Chapter, D.A.R.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 42° 6.082′ N, 75° 38.066′ W. Marker is in Windsor, New York, in Broome County. Marker is on Fordway Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Windsor NY 13865, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sage Creek (approx. 1½ miles away); History of Old Onaquaga Valley (approx. 1.7 miles away); Ouaquaga Bridge (approx. 1.7 miles away); Windsor (approx. 1.8 miles away); Robert Harpur (approx. 5.3 miles away); Binghamton and Upper Susquehanna (approx. 9.3 miles away); Pennsylvania (approx. 9.7 miles away in Pennsylvania); Starrucca Viaduct - The Bridge of Stone (approx. 9.8 miles away in Pennsylvania). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Windsor.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 9, 2016, by Scott J. Payne of Deposit, New York. This page has been viewed 210 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 9, 2016, by Scott J. Payne of Deposit, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.