Algonquin Village Hall and Public Square
Building Erected 1907
McHenry County Historical Society
Plaque #44 Presented July 21, 1993
This structure, built in 1907, has been in continuous public use for 80 years, as a Firehouse, Library, Police Department and Municipal Headquarters, serving the ever growing needs of the people of Algonquin. The site on which this building stands was dedicated as a Public Square and platted in 1846.
Sesquicentennial Year 1837 - 1987
Erected 1993 by McHenry County Historical Society. (Marker Number 44.)
Location. 42° 10.027′ N, 88° 17.544′ W. Marker is in Algonquin, Illinois, in McHenry County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Algonquin Road (Illinois Route 62), on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2 South Main Street, Algonquin IL 60102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. David Haeger School and Cemetery (approx. 3.7 miles away); Goodrich Homestead (approx. 4 miles away); World War II Memorial Cary Cemetery - 1839 (approx. 4.1 miles away); Civil War Memorial (approx. 4.4 miles away); W. [William] W. & Phebe Welch (approx. 4.4 miles away); West Dundee Riverwalk (approx. 4½ miles away); Dundee Veterans Honor Roll (approx. 4.6 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. The Village of Algonquin IL. (Submitted on May 10, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Algonquin Historic Village Hall on Facebook. (Submitted on May 10, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 10, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 147 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 10, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.