White Hall School
At age 16, students were graduated and sent into the world, thus known as ‘Sixteeners”. The White Hall School closed in 1890 when enrollment became too small, and the remaining students were sent to other schools. The alumni “Sixteeners” of the White Hall School erected a small monument to the school in 1926 in Willow Park. originally, there was a small statue of a student in a military uniform on the top of the monument, but it disappeared years ago.
Location. 40° 14.483′ N, 76° 55.517′ W. Marker is in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, in Cumberland County. Marker is on N 25th Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Camp Hill PA 17011, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Skirmish of Oyster’s Point (here, next to this marker); Cumberland Riflemen (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Maurice K. Goddard (about 300 feet away); Camp Hill Church of God (approx. ¼ mile away); Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 0.4 miles away); Robert Whitehill (1735 - 1813) (approx. half a mile away); Camp Hill (approx. 0.8 miles away); Lemoyne (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Camp Hill.
Categories. • Education • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 17, 2016, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 209 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 17, 2016, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.