Near Vandalia in Montgomery County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Miami Conservancy District
Erected 1974 by Montgomery County Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Historic Civil Engineering Landmarks marker series.
Location. 39° 52.536′ N, 84° 16.647′ W. Marker is near Vandalia, Ohio, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of W National Rd (U.S. 40) and Aullwood Road, on the left when traveling east on W National Rd. Touch for map. Marker is in parking lot of Englewood Five Rivers Metroparks. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4490 West National Road, Vandalia OH 45377, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Englewood Dam (within shouting distance of this marker); Englewood (approx. 1.3 miles away); National Road US 40 (approx. 1.6 miles away); Englewood Veterans Monument (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Crossroads of America (approx. 4.2 miles away); Joseph Calvin Paul Memorial Boulevard (approx. 4½ miles away); John Hoover (approx. 5.1 miles away); 1804 Quaker Meeting House (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Vandalia.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 4, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 1, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 1, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.