General Philip Henry Sheridan Monument
Erected by the citizens of Albany and the state of New York under chapter 100 of the laws of 1914. Commissioners: Governors Charles F. Whitman, Martin H. Flynn; Lieutenant-Governors Howard Loboeneck, Robert F. Wagner; Speaker of the Assembly Thaddeus C. Sweet; Attorney Generals Egbert E. Woodbury, James A. Parsons; Howard B. Cantine, Charles M. Winchester, A Farnsworth-Members of Philip H. Sheridan Camp No. 1.
Location. 42° 39.11′ N, 73° 45.367′ W. Marker is in Albany, New York, in Albany County. Marker is on Eagle Street. Touch for map. The monument is on the New York State Capitol grounds in the East Capitol Park area. Marker is in this post office area: Albany NY 12224, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Main Entrance to Old Capitol (within shouting distance of this marker); Lincoln in Albany (within shouting distance of this marker); Schuyler Mansion (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Frederick (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Fort Frederick
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 4, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 224 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 2, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Full clear photo of marker and one in context with statue. • Can you help?