Forney in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Walter Dickson Adams and the Adams Drugstore
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9416.)
Location. 32° 44.846′ N, 96° 28.274′ W. Marker is in Forney, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street and Elm Street, on the left when traveling east on East Main Street. Touch for map. Location is currently a nail salon. Marker is at or near this postal address: 117 E Main St, Forney TX 75126, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Madison McDonald (within shouting distance of this marker); Forney (within shouting distance of this marker); Dixie Overland Highway (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1899 Automobile Trip (about 400 feet away); Dick P. Moore House (about 500 feet away); The Forney Messenger (approx. 0.2 miles away); McKellar House (approx. 0.2 miles away); William and Blanche Brooks House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Forney.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 125 times since then and 39 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?