Lander in Fremont County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
To the right, the tall angular building, just down the street was the Bossert Building built by T.J. Bossier in 1893-1894. Bossert was the first to operate his store on a cash only basis. The building was later used as a theater and still later as a Piggly Wiggly Store. The Amoretti and Bossert buildings are still standing.The JK. Moore building was torn down in 1917 to make way for the Lander Auto Building. It was the Zanetti Bus Barn when it collapsed under the weight of snow in 1985. This photo probably dates from 1912-1915. -- Tom Bell - 1991
Erected 1991 by City of Lander, Economic Development Commission.
Location. 42° 49.959′ N, 108° 43.773′ W. Marker is in Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 209 Main Street, Lander WY 82520, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Palace Pharmacy, Albany Hotel, US Post Office (here, next to this marker); IOOF Building - Golden Rule Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Lander Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Bossert Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Fremont Hotel (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Noble Hotel (about 400 feet away); Lander's Mill (about 500 feet away); M.N Baldwin Co. (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lander.
More about this marker. This marker is located in Centennial Park.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 18, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 15, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 226 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 15, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.