Antigua Guatemala in Municipality of Antigua Guatemala, Sacatepéquez, Guatemala
First Location of Olimpia Leal Normal School
normal el INSOL
el 16 de junio de 1915
La Antigua G 16 de junio de 2015
Here began the training of teachers at the
Olimpia Leal Normal School (INSOL)
on June 16, 1915
Antigua Guatemala, June 16, 2015
Location. 14° 33.212′ N, 90° 43.874′ W. Marker is in Antigua Guatemala, Sacatepéquez, in Municipality of Antigua Guatemala. Marker is on 2a Avenida Sur, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: #29 2a Avenida Sur, Antigua Guatemala, Sacatepéquez 03001, Guatemala.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Don Rafael V. Alvarez Polanco (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Friar Augusto Ramírez Monasterio (about 150 meters away); Francisco Marroquín and the San Pedro Hospital (about 210 meters away); Pedro Cofiño and Ramon Palencia Shot by Firing Squad (about 240 meters away); J. Adrian Coronado y Polanco (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Manuel Benítez (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Dr. Oscar Asensio del Valle (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The 100th Anniversary of the Olimpia Leal Normal Institute for Ladies (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Antigua Guatemala.
Regarding First Location of Olimpia Leal Normal School. A normal school is a school created to train high school graduates to be teachers. Its purpose is to establish teaching standards or norms, hence its name. Most such schools are now called teachers' colleges, although in Guatemala and many locations in Latin America the use of "normal" in reference to teacher's colleges or schools continues.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 6, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 16, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 113 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 16, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.