St. Maryís City in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1970 by the National Society of the Descendants of the Lords of the Maryland Manors.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Maryland, Saint Mary's City marker series.
Location. 38° 11.16′ N, 76° 25.93′ W. Marker is in St. Maryís City, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker is at the intersection of Point Lookout Road (Maryland Route 5) and Old State House Road, on the right when traveling south on Point Lookout Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Marys City MD 20686, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Maryís City (here, next to this marker); The Arrival of Governor Copley (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mathias de Sousa (about 700 feet away); Upon This Shore (about 700 feet away); Discovering Layers of the Past (about 700 feet away); Governing (about 700 feet away); In 1648 Margaret Brent Asks for “Vote...And Voyce” Sharing Land and Legacy (about 800 feet away); The St. Maryís Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint Maryís Female Seminary (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Maryís City.
Also see . . .
1. Leonard Calvert (ca. 1606-1647). First Colonial Governor of Maryland. (Submitted on April 20, 2007.)
2. Maryland, the First Proprietary Colony. (Submitted on April 20, 2007.)
3. About the Feudal Estate That Was Early Maryland. (Submitted on April 20, 2007.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 20, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,643 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 20, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.