Kaufman in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Organized August 7, 1848
Named in honor of
David Spangler Kaufman
Came to Texas in 1837 and
located at Nacogdoches
Member of the Texas Congress
Member of the United States
Kaufman, the County Seat
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 8528.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 32° 35.375′ N, 96° 18.578′ W. Marker is in Kaufman, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is on West Grove Street west of North Washington Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. On the courthouse grounds, at the back of the building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 West Mulberry Street, Kaufman TX 75142, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mrs. William P. King (a few steps from this marker); Colonel Isham Chisum (a few steps from this marker); Kaufman County Confederate Soldiers Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Greenslade Drug Store First Baptist Church of Kaufman (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Covenant United Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Church of Our Merciful Saviour (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kaufman.
Categories. • Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 27, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 170 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 27, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.