Memphis in Hall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Created • Organized
August 21, 1876 • June 23, 1890
Named in honor of
Warren D.C. Hall
1788 – 1867
The San Felipe Convention in 1832
Second in Command of the Texans
at Anahuac, 1832
Memphis, The County Seat
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 2336.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 34° 43.507′ N, 100° 32.232′ W. Marker is in Memphis, Texas, in Hall County. Marker is at the intersection of South 6th Street and Main Street, on the right when traveling south on South 6th Street. Touch for map. Located at the Heritage Hall Museum across from the Hall County Courthouse in Courthouse Square. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 South 6th Street, Memphis TX 79245, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hall County Courthouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Presbyterian Church of Memphis (approx. 0.2 Old Fairview Cemetery (approx. ¾ mile away); Newlin Cemetery (approx. 9.9 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Hall County History - Texas State Historical Association. (Submitted on July 31, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
2. Article on Warren D.C. Hall - TSHA Handbook of Texas. (Submitted on July 31, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions • War, Texas Independence •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 1, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 218 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 31, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. 2. submitted on November 30, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 31, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.