Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lantana in Palm Beach County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Chapel Of The Holy Spirit

 
 
Chapel of the Holy Spirit Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jay Kravetz, August 5, 2016
1. Chapel of the Holy Spirit Marker
Inscription. The Chapel of the Holy Spirit, formerly known as the Minerva Chapel, is one of the oldest buildings in Palm Beach County. This eclectic style building was first used as a tea house for the Royal Poinciana Hotel in Palm Beach, which was built by Henry Flagler in 1894. After the hotel was demolished in 1936, the building was moved ten miles south to Hypoluxo, where it served as a guest house for the Willis Reinhardt estate. From 1946 to 1951, the building served as the exclusive Gold Key Club, which was part of the Lake Shore Club gambling casino. During the 1950s and 1960s, the building was an artistís studio, a caretakerís cottage, and a gift shop before it was bought in 1967 by former Hypoluxo Mayor James Brown. He moved the building to his Carefree Cove Mobile Home Park, where it was used as a chapel that he named Minerva Chapel in honor of his mother. Brown sold the trailer park in 1988 and donated the chapel to Holy Spirit Anglican Catholic Church in Palm Springs. In August 2011, the chapel was moved to the Church of the Holy Guardian Angels, where it was renamed the Chapel of the Holy Spirit.
 
Erected 2013 by Church of the Holy Guardian Angels and the Florida Department of State. (Marker Number F-771.)
 
Location. 26° 34.41′ 
Chapel of the Holy Spirit Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jay Kravetz, August 5, 2016
2. Chapel of the Holy Spirit Marker
N, 80° 3.562′ W. Marker is in Lantana, Florida, in Palm Beach County. Marker is on Cardinal Lane south of Julia Heights Drive, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1325 Cardinal Lane, Lake Worth FL 33462, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Evergreen Cemetery (approx. 0.9 miles away); Coastal Patrol Base No. 3 (approx. 1.9 miles away); South Lake Worth Inlet (approx. 2.2 miles away); First Town Hall (approx. 3 miles away); First Schoolhouse (approx. 3 miles away); Palm Beach Junior College (approx. 3.2 miles away); 1913 Boynton Elementary School (approx. 3.2 miles away); Boynton Woman's Club (approx. 3.8 miles away).
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Chapel of the Holy Spirit image. Click for full size.
By Jay Kravetz, August 5, 2016
3. Chapel of the Holy Spirit
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 5, 2016, by Jay Kravetz of West Palm Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 129 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 5, 2016, by Jay Kravetz of West Palm Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement