Star Spangled Banner National Historic Trail-War of 1812
—Mount Harmon Plantation —
“For Sale: Mount Harmon, containing four hundred and seven acres…the neighborhood pleasant in its prospect of the river, and the high banks render the situation beautiful.”
Poulson’s American Daily Adventiser, June 29, 1815.
(Inscription below the map in the upper left)
Mount Harmon was called “Worlds End” when Emanuel Bowen created this map in 1752.
(Inscription beside the image in the lower left)
Armed barges could navigate rivers better than ships.
(Inscription under the image in the lower right)
Mount Harmon was part of Cecil County’s agricultural economy, growing primarily wheat. Several neighbors participated in the war. Most notably, Brigadier General
Erected 2015 by National Park Service US Department of Interior.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Star Spangled Banner National Historic Trail marker series.
Location. 39° 22.885′ N, 75° 56.487′ W. Marker is in Earleville, Maryland, in Cecil County. Marker is on Mount Harmon Road. Touch for map. The marker is located on the property of Mount Harmon Plantation near the pond. Marker is at or near this postal address: 600 Mount Harmon Road, Earleville MD 21919, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. On the Wild Side (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); History Quest (about 500 feet away); Tobacco and Mount Harmon (approx. ¼ mile away); Mount Harmon Plantation at World's End (approx. ¼ mile away); The Sassafras River (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Mount Harmon Plantation at World's End (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Mount Harmon Plantation at World’s End (approx. 0.3 miles away); Plantation Life in the Colonial Era (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Earleville.
Categories. • Agriculture • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 10, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 152 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on August 8, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.