Washburn in Armstrong County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Town of Washburn
Remaining as town dwindled: Judge Jas. Logue, donor cemetery site and founder Washburn State Bank, 1908; H. E. White, owner of store, lumber yard and elevators.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5539.)
Location. 35° 10.614′ N, 101° 34.41′ W. Marker is in Washburn, Texas, in Armstrong County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 287 Frontage Road and Holhouser Street, on the right when traveling north on U.S. 287. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Claude TX 79019, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Thomas Cree Homesite (approx. 11.2 miles away); Claude Cemetery (approx. 11.3 miles away); Charles H. Roan Fort Smith-Sante Fe Trail (approx. 12.3 miles away); The Old JA Ranch (approx. 15.2 miles away); The Civilian Conservation Corps at Palo Duro Canyon State Park (approx. 15.2 miles away); Atchison, Topeka, & Santa Fe Railroad Depot (approx. 15.9 miles away); Panhandle (approx. 15.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Short history on Texas Escapes site. (Submitted on August 9, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 9, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 9, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 147 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 9, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.