West Palm Beach in Palm Beach County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Seaboard Air Line Station
Harvey & Clarke, the largest architectural firm in Palm Beach County in the 1920s, created this new symbol for the City of West Palm Beach in the prevailing architectural style of the period. The Historic American Buildings Survey documented the station in 1971 and the station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
The AMTRAK System began passenger service here in May 1971 and the TriCounty Commuter Rail Organization began passenger service from here to Miami in January 1989. The Seaboard Station was restored with substantial funding by the Florida Department of State and rededicated in April 1991.
Erected 1994 by The Palm Beach Town Committee of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in Cooperation with The Florida Department of State. (Marker Number F-349.)
Location. 26° Touch for map. Marker is on the south end of the station. Marker is at or near this postal address: 203 South Tamarind Avenue, West Palm Beach FL 33401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Palm Beach Junior College (approx. 0.2 miles away); Palm Beach High School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Clematis Street Commercial Historic District (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1916 Palm Beach County Courthouse (approx. 0.6 miles away); Former State of Florida Board of Health Laboratory c.1921 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Old St. Ann's Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Flagler Park (approx. 0.8 miles away); Grandview Heights Historic District (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Palm Beach.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 12, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 12, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 139 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 12, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.