Claude in Armstrong County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
of Armstrong County, 1890-1926
The earliest sheriffs were: John F. Wilson, 1890-92; Vince S. Terry, 1892-96; Pat H. Lynch, 1896-1904, 1919-24; Jeff D. Martin, 1904-06; W.A. (Bill) Davis, 1906-10; Ranzil C. Rodgers, 1910-14; James D. Woodburn, 1914-19, 1924-26.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1354.)
Location. 35° 6.626′ N, 101° 21.606′ W. Marker is in Claude, Texas, in Armstrong County. Marker is at the intersection of West 1st Street (U.S. 287) and Parks Street, on the right when traveling west on West 1st Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 West 1st Street, Claude TX 79019, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Armstrong County Jail (here, next to this marker); "The Claude News" (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Charles Howard Roan The Great Panhandle Indian Scare of 1891 (about 500 feet away); Boy Scout Troop No. 17 (about 500 feet away); Town of Claude (about 500 feet away); Route of Coronado Expedition (about 500 feet away); Dr. and Mrs. Wm. A. Warner (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Claude.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on current Sheriff's Office. (Submitted on August 13, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 13, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 13, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 203 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 13, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.