Morristown in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Morris County Court House
of public buildings in the
Federal style in New Jersey.
Original Court House on the
Green built in 1755.
Morris County Heritage Commission
Erected 1976 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission marker series.
Location. 40° 47.88′ N, 74° 29.007′ W. Marker is in Morristown, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Washington Street (County Route 510), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morristown NJ 07963, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Arnold Tavern (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Arnold’s Tavern (about 600 feet away); Court House and Jail (about 600 feet away); The Baptist Church on the Green (about 700 feet away); The Green - 1715 (about 700 feet away); Continental Store on the Green (about 800 feet away); Survey by Major Erskine of Morristown (approx. 0.2 miles away); The French are Coming (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Morristown.
Also see . . . Historic Markers/Historic Preservation. Morris County Heritage Commission. (Submitted on August 1, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,272 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 29, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.