Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Corydon in Harrison County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

First State Office Building

 
 
First State Office Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Ginger Drenning, July 16, 2008
1. First State Office Building Marker
Inscription. Built 1817. Housed offices of State Treasurer and Auditor until Fall of 1824. The cellar was the Treasury vault. Building used by Harrison County Seminary, 1829-51. Since 1871, home of Amzi Brewster heirs.
 
Erected 1962 by Corydon Chamber of Commerce. (Marker Number 31.1962.1.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
 
Location. 38° 12.724′ N, 86° 7.445′ W. Marker is in Corydon, Indiana, in Harrison County. Marker is at the intersection of North Mulberry Street and East Walnut Street, on the right when traveling north on North Mulberry Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Corydon IN 47112, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Shields (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Liar's Bench (about 300 feet away); Governor's Headquarters (about 300 feet away); Corydon Convention Of Freemasons (about 300 feet away); Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away); Corydon United Methodist Church
Long View - - Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Ginger Drenning, July 16, 2008
2. Long View - - Building Marker
(about 400 feet away); World War I (about 400 feet away); In Honor Of The Men from Harrison County (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corydon.
 
Categories. GovernmentLandmarksNotable Buildings
 
First State Office Building image. Click for full size.
By Ginger Drenning, July 16, 2008
3. First State Office Building
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 30, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,126 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 30, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement