Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Coshocton in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Visitor Center - 1992

 
 
Visitor Center - 1992 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, August 27, 2016
1. Visitor Center - 1992 Marker
Inscription. The present Visitor Center opened in 1992, relocating from a smaller building. The Visitor Center houses a fifty-four seat theater, an exhibit hall with canal-related information, visitor services and offices for support staff. The Founders Gallery features information about Edward and Frances B. Montgomery and the beginning of the Roscoe Village restoration project.

The adjacent Frances B. Montgomery Memorial Garden is dedicated to Mrs. Montgomery, an avid gardener.
 
Erected by Roscoe Village Foundation.
 
Location. 40° 16.893′ N, 81° 52.544′ W. Marker is in Coshocton, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of North Whitewoman Street and Ohio Route 16/83. Touch for map. The marker is at the parking lot (lower level) bulding entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 600 North Whitewoman Street, Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Underground Railroad Agents in Coshocton County / Muskingum River Underground Railroad Corridor (within shouting distance of this marker); Village Smithy - c.1890 (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987
Visitor Center and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, August 27, 2016
2. Visitor Center and Marker
Marker is to the left of the parking lot entrance on the north side of the building.
(about 500 feet away); Daniel Carroll House - c.1850 (about 700 feet away); George LeRetilley House - 1853 (about 700 feet away); Jacob Welsh House - c.1840 (about 800 feet away); Old Warehouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Roscoe Building - 1840 (approx. 0.2 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Roscoe Village Foundation. (Submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Visitor Center image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, August 27, 2016
3. Visitor Center
Upper entrance to the Visitor Center on the south side of the building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 11, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 107 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Paid Advertisement