Terrell in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Carnegie Library Building
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9425.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Carnegie Libraries marker series.
Location. 32° 44.296′ N, 96° 16.696′ W. Marker is in Terrell, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is on North Frances Street south of West High Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located near the front door. The Carnegie Library Building houses the Terrell Heritage Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 207 North Frances Street, Terrell TX 75160, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carnegie Public Library (here, next to this marker); Gov. Oscar Branch Colquitt (1861-1940) (within shouting distance of this marker); Church of the Good Shepherd The American National Bank (about 600 feet away); First Baptist Church (about 700 feet away); First Christian Church of Terrell (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rockwall and Brin Church of Christ (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Terrell.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Categories. • Architecture • Arts, Letters, Music •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 31, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 30, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 189 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 30, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.