Newark in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Pencader Presbyterian Church
The "Trustees of Pencader Presbyterian Church" were formally incorporated in 1789. In 1917 the Pencader Cemetery Association was organized to care for the adjoining graveyard. Pencader Presbyterian Church was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
Location. 39° 36.37′ N, 75° 44.723′ W. Marker is in Newark, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker is at the intersection of Glasgow Ave. Rt 896 and US 40, Pulaski Highway on Glasgow Ave. Rt 896. Touch for map. Marker is in the community of Glasgow. Marker is in this post office area: Newark DE 19702, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Aiken's Tavern Historic District (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Iron Hill School #112-C (approx. 1.9 miles away); a different marker also named Iron Hill School #112-C (approx. 1.9 miles away); Washington's Reconnaissance (approx. 1.9 miles away); British Position (approx. 1.9 miles away); Battle of Cooch's Bridge (approx. 2.4 miles away); Old Post Road (approx. 2.4 miles away in Maryland); Iron Hill School #112C (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,182 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 1, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.