Morrisville in Lamoille County, Vermont — The American Northeast (New England)
Built c. 1872 by the St. Johnsbury and Lamoille County Railroad, a division of the Portland & Ogdensburg Railroad, this depot served as an important stop linking Portland, Maine and the Great Lakes for nearly a century. The original portion of the depot has a low gable roof and broad projecting eaves supported by heavy chamfered brackets. In 1956, passenger service was discontinued.
Erected 2015 by Vermont Division for Historic Preservation.
Location. 44° 33.843′ N, 72° 35.895′ W. Marker is in Morrisville, Vermont, in Lamoille County. Marker is at the intersection of Portland Street and Railroad Street, on the right when traveling north on Portland Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in front of an eatery named "10 Railroad Street". Marker is in this post office area: Morrisville VT 05661, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Julian Scott (approx. 6.6 miles away); Reverend George S. Brown (approx. 6.8 miles away); Fisher Bridge (approx. 8.7 miles away); Smugglers Notch (approx. 10˝ miles away); George Washington Henderson (approx. 13.7 miles away); Historic Kent Tavern (approx. 14.6 miles away).
Categories. • Architecture • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 13, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 13, 2016, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 147 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 13, 2016, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.