Mansura in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Dr. Jules Charles Desfossé, second mayor of Mansura, acquired this c. 1790 house and rebuilt it c. 1850. This Louisiana French Colonial style dwelling was the 1st structure in Avoyelles Parish listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
La Maison Desfossé
Dr. Jules C. Desfossé, 2° maire de Mansura, acquit la maison c. 1790 et la rebâtit c. 1850. De style colonial franco-louisianais, elle est la 1° dans la paroisse des Avoyelles inscrite au Registre National des Lieux Historiques.
Erected 1981 by Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism.
Location. 31° 3.738′ N, 92° 3.045′ W. Marker is in Mansura, Louisiana, in Avoyelles Parish. Marker is on L'Eglise Street (State Highway 107) south of Coco Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1832 L'Eglise Street, Mansura LA 71350, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mansura (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle of Mansura (approx. half a mile away); Presentation Academy (approx. 3.1 miles away); Tunica-Biloxi Indian Reservation The Marksville Site (approx. 3.7 miles away); Marc Eliche (approx. 3.7 miles away); Presentation Convent Chapel (approx. 4.3 miles away); Marksville Mounds (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mansura.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 5, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 13, 2016. This page has been viewed 317 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 13, 2016. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.