Tonawanda in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
German Evangelical Church
Building erected 1849
Organized by settlers from the Mohawk Valley in 1830.
First services held in Dirnberger farm barn, Military Road,
later in school house No. 4, Delaware Road.
Oldest church society in town of Tonawanda.
Erected 1960 by State of New York, Tonawanda-Kenmore Historical Society & the elders and trustees of the church.
Location. 42° 59.64′ N, 78° 52.681′ W. Marker is in Tonawanda, New York, in Erie County. Marker is on Knoche Road 0.1 miles east of Elmwood Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Knoche Road, Tonawanda NY 14150, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Louis P.A. Eberhardt Home (a few steps from this marker); First Railroad (approx. ¾ mile away); Sheridan Drive (approx. one mile away); Tonawanda Rails to Trails (approx. 1.2 miles away); Town of Tonawanda Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away); Burial Land Since 1816 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Railroad Station (approx. 1.6 miles away); Tonawanda Civil War Memorial (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tonawanda.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 18, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 18, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 102 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 18, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.