Terrell in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Public Education in Terrell
The Terrell School System has been served by able leaders throughout its history. D. A. Paulas served the first superintendent. From 1893 to 1918 the district was headed by S. M. N. Marrs, who went on to become state superintendent of public instruction in 1922.
Since its beginning in 1883 and its first graduating class in 1886, the Terrell schools have produced fine community citizens and leaders. Public education in Terrell has had a significant impact on the development and growth of the town and the surrounding area.
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8543.)
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near Touch for map. Maker was removed during Terrell High School renovation. Marker was at or near this postal address: 701 Town North Drive, Terrell TX 75160, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Porter Farms (approx. one mile away); First Presbyterian Church of Terrell (approx. one mile away); John H. Corley Home (approx. 1.1 miles away); The R. L. Warren House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Walter P. and Meck Allen House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Victorian Residence, 1883 (approx. 1.2 miles away); Terrell Elementary School (approx. 1.3 miles away); S. M. N. Marrs (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Terrell.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 22, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 21, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 152 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 22, 2016. 2, 3. submitted on September 21, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.