Norwood Township Hall
Norwood was settled in 1866 when Orvis Wood, Lucius Pearl, and Orwin Adams built a dock and sawmill on the shore of Lake Michigan. The town thrived as a lumber shipping center with sawmills, a company store, and blacksmith shops. In 1884 the Norwood Township Board approved plans for the construction of the township hall. The building has served as the center of government activity to the present day.
Erected 1997 by Michigan Historical Center, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L1988.)
Location. 45° 13.002′ N, 85° 22.887′ W. Marker is in Norwood, Michigan, in Charlevoix County. Marker is on Lake Street west of 4th Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 19759 Lake Street, Charlevoix MI 49720, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Grand Traverse Lighthouse (approx. 8.2 miles away); Big Rock Point Nuclear Power Plant Flag Pole (approx. 9 miles away); Battle of "Pine River" (approx. 9.1 miles away); Odmark Band Pavilion (approx. 9.1 miles away); USS Escolar (SS 294) Memorial
Also see . . . Norwood Township, Charlevoix, Michigan. (Submitted on September 24, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 24, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 24, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 119 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 24, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.