Ranger in Eastland County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of First Oil Well Drilled in Eastland County
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 1804.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 32° 28.183′ N, 98° 40.763′ W. Marker is in Ranger, Texas, in Eastland County. Marker is at the intersection of Loop State Highway 254 and Main Street, on the left when traveling north on State Highway 254. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ranger TX 76470, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Well Number 19 (within shouting distance of this marker); Roaring Ranger (within shouting distance of this marker); The Bankhead Highway (within shouting distance of this marker); Ranger Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Ranger Municipal Airport Merriman Cemetery (approx. 3.3 miles away); Merriman Baptist Church (approx. 3.4 miles away); Bankhead Highway Through Eastland County (approx. 7½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ranger.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 24, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 24, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 157 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 24, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.