Shepherdstown in Jefferson County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Reformed Church Parsonage
in 1995 by
actress Mary Tyler Moore,
a descendant of
Conrad Shindler, and
donated to the
Shepherd College Foundation
in honor of her father,
George Tyler Moore.
Between 1869 and 1995,
this house served as the
Reformed Church parsonage.
Location. 39° 25.879′ N, 77° 48.44′ W. Marker is in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, in Jefferson County. Marker is on W. German Street near Church Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 17 W. German Street, Shepherdstown WV 25443, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Trinity Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War Hospital Site (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pack Horse Ford Chapter, D.A.R. (about 400 feet away); Spirit of 1775 Beeline March to Cambridge (about 400 feet away); Shepherd State Teachers College (about 500 feet away); Shepherdstown (about 500 feet away); 1862 Antietam Campaign (about 500 feet away); War Memorial (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shepherdstown.
Also see . . . Conrad Schindler House. (Submitted on August 30, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 31, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 25, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 160 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 25, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 30, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.