Dearborn in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Richard Gardner House
Built in 1832
Dearbornville, Michigan Territory, in the Old Northwest Territory.
This house is a perfect example of pioneer construction. It was located in the Scottish settlement in Dearborn Township. Today, it would be south of Warren Avenue, near Southfield Road in Dearborn. Presently located at 915 Brady Street, Dearborn, Michigan.
It is part of the Dearborn Historical Museum.
Erected 2015 by Dearborn Historical Commission.
Location. 42° 18.49′ N, 83° 14.385′ W. Marker is in Dearborn, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of South Brady Street and Garrison Street. Touch for map. The Richard Gardner House is at the back of the parking lot for the Dearborn Historical Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 915 South Brady Street, Dearborn MI 48124, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. U.S. Arsenal 1839-1875 Powder Magazine (within shouting distance of this marker); Making Moves (approx. 0.2 miles away); U.S. Arsenal-Sutler's Shop (approx. ¼ mile away); A Military Reserve Michigan Soldiers Trained at U.S. Arsenal During Civil War (approx. ¼ mile away); Commandant's Quarters (approx. ¼ mile away); U.S. Arsenal Officers' - Surgeons' Quarters and Barracks 1833 - 1875 (approx. ¼ mile away); U.S. Arsenal 1833 - 1875 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dearborn.
Also see . . . Dearborn Historical Museum Tour: Gardner House. (Submitted on October 10, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 10, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 10, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 113 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 10, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.