Franklin in Oakland County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Franklin Community Church
Ecumenical in spirit"
The first Franklin village church was organized in 1840 by Reverend Laban Smith. A building was constructed on German Mill Street and dedicated in 1863.
This santuary was dedicated in 1956, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places with the National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior.
Dedicated to the memory of all church members who have entered the Church Triumphant.
Erected by Franklin Community Church.
Location. 42° 31.547′ N, 83° 18.452′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Michigan, in Oakland County. Marker is at the intersection of Normandy Road and Wellington Road, on the left when traveling north on Normandy Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 26425 Wellington Road, Franklin MI 48025, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Robert E. Cornillie's Vision (within shouting distance of this marker); Kreger Farm Buildings (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Franklin Village (about 400 feet away); Franklin Village School Franklin Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Van Every Gristmill (approx. 0.3 miles away); Congregation Shaarey Zedek (approx. 3.2 miles away); McCabe Funeral Home (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 15, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 15, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 112 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 15, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.